Borussia Dortmund: Morey s heavy way back

The scene was painful - for all involved. When Mateeu Morey lay in the long-decided Cup semi-final against Holstein Kiel in the second half after a duel on the ground and curved in pain, suffered all eyewitnesses. Not only players Erling Haaland on the tribune turned in the face of the almost empty stadium scream of the young Spaniard shocked away.

It is now almost five months ago, a return to the lawn is still in far away for Morey. In the right knee of the 21-year-old, pretty much everything was broken, which can break, two operations are behind him. His courage and confidence has not lost the right-back. In Spain we say: Todo Pasa Por Algo

The video of the injury has viewed more times several times

And this also means that the seconds before the fatal duel does not always play in the head and to make allegations. My job is to hunt the ball when he s close. Stop the opponent when he attacks. I did that in this scene, and that I hurt myself, belongs to the professional risk. Tighten the same sprint again and again, he says.

The processing is completed, a video of the duel, in which the knee bends brutally backwards, he had already seen several times in the hospital. My head told me: the reality you have to put yourself. That did not look nice, but that s the case with just about all injuries. I helped me.

I can not predict today, when I will be in the square again. But that I come back, I m one hundred percent for sure. Because I have experienced that ever.

Mateeu Morey

And now the work on the comeback has long run, only with his youth association RCD Mallorca on the home island, in the meantime again in Dortmund. How long does it take? That can not even assess himself. I can not predict today, when I ll be back on the square. But that I come back, I m one hundred percent for sure. Because I have experienced everything ever. A menisco tear three years ago on the other knee has brought his experiences.

back with small steps - without stumble

It is clear that a complete recovery will need some time, a return this season would be a positive surprise. Is the impatience of the heaviest opponent? That can be already, says Morey: I m trying to defeat this opponent that I always set up short-term goals. I do not know if I m so far in six, eight or ten months. It does not do it Sense, to think so far. He wants to prefer to be sustainable with small steps than to take too big steps and stumble .

Instead of celebrating success in the place with the team, he rather defeat his injury. The two successful surgery had been the first victories to get rid of both crutches the following. The next opponent is currently waiting: I play against the orthosis on my right leg, I will finally want to walk again. And here too, the confidence helps: I m damn sure to be able to win a victory soon.

Comments

Popular Posts