Roger Federer with next knee

TennisStar Roger Federer has to be operated on the right knee for the third time and will probably no longer return to the ATP tour this year. But the Maestro wants to fight for his superior return.

Roger Federer spoke with a quiet voice, but his words had it in themselves. I'll need crutches for many weeks and am out for many months, said the Tennis Star Sunday evening in a video at Instagram and announced the next pause for a week after his 40th birthday. Federer must be operated on the right knee for the third time.

Most recently, the 20-color Grand Slam Champion had already cited his participation in the ATP Masters in Toronto and Cincinnati, the launch of the US Open (from 30th August) was in the stars. Now it is clear that Federer will not be there in New York. And it's more than unlikely that it will be something this season.

I want to give you an update about what has happened since Wimbledon, said Federer to his fans, I have brought many checks behind me at the doctors, even at the knee. Unfortunately, they have told me that I have to be operated. I will do it.

Federer, who had already renounced the Olympic Games in Tokyo because of the stubborn problems, wants to fight. A career end is still (yet) no topic. I hope that I will return to the tour. But I'm realistic, says Federer, I know how difficult it is at this age to undergo an OP again.

_More sports - now for the TennisStar Roger newsletter registration! _

Roger Federer: Will be able to walk around later

Already in the previous year, the Maestro had been operated twice at his problem knee. Now he comes again in the knife, an alternative did not exist. The procedure is right because I want to be healthy because I want to walk around later, said Federer. The thoughts apply in the late autumn of the career already the time afterwards.

Federer had withdrawn from the French Open in June after his eighth place to protect for the lawn Highlight Wimbledon. In the prestigious tournament in London, he failed a good four weeks ago in the quarter-finals, since then protection had been announced. Now the break will be longer.

Only in March, the long-standing number one in the world had returned by one of one year's forced break. The doubts as to whether it can continue, get bigger. How am I feeling when I would start training again? What can I reach?, Federer last asked, even before the decision for the OP was fixed. The situation is not easier - on the contrary.

Articles and videos about the topic * Highlights: Medvedev draws into the Toronto final * Experience top sport live on Dazn. Get your free month now!

I always see the good, in every situation. If it's not good right, I know it's better and it could be much worse, said Federer's last look. And on Sunday he looked forward. I'm fine, he assured his fans and thanked himself in advance for the expected recovery wishes. You want to see me smile, I appreciate that.

Comments

Popular Posts